I was astonished to be nominated for a Liebster Award by the ladies at Craft Hill. I was thrilled that my blog was noticed since I have been blogging for less than 2 months so far. Check out their blog. It’s a lot of fun .
So, it took me a little while to figure out what a Liebster Award was, and then it has taken me several days to pull everything together. A Liebster Award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers to help spread the word and support one another.
Evidentially there are also some rules that must be followed. These are:
- Answer the 11 questions set by your nominator,
- Post 11 facts about yourself,
- Nominate 11 bloggers,
- Ask 11 questions for your nominees, and
- Go to their blog and tell them.
So here goes…
The 11 questions asked by my nominator:
- What inspires you to blog? I love to make quilts and doing other crafts. I like to share what I do with others. I would love to expand into designing more and creating patterns, and I would love to show and teach some. I thought a blog would be a good way to start getting my name out there, and I think maybe my family is getting tired of being the only people I have to share all my projects with.
- Which 3 people from anytime in history would you like to share a meal with? Well the first choice is easy. I would love to share a meal with Jesus. My second choice would be Thomas Edison – I think he is a great example of persistence and perseverance. He stated ’ I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.’ So why are we so quick to give up on the things we try and fail at? And lastly, Daniel Boone – a great American explorer. I think he would have some great stories to tell.
- Ketchup or Brown sauce? Not sure what they mean by brown sauce – but ketchup on hamburgers and French fries, and BBQ sauce on chicken.
- What’s your favorite item in the room with you now? My fabric stash
- Which of your ancestors would you most like to have met? Thomas Joyner who came to America from England.
- What’s your favorite way to spend a Sunday? Church, family, and sewing.
- If you were a biscuit, what biscuit would you be? The small buttermilk tea biscuits my grandmother used to make, with a pat of real creamery butter.
- Which music track would you play to lift your spirits? I would say that my most favorite uplifting song is “Stomp” by Kirk Franklin.
- Where’s your favorite place to be and why? I love the beach. To me it is totally relaxing to hear the waves and dig my feet in the sand.
- When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up? Well, that depends on what age I was at the time. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a princess or a ballerina (of course). In my early teens, I wanted to be a private detective (which I later determined was much too dangerous). High school & college found me wanting to be a CPA (which I am). And now I want to be a professional quilter.
- What are your aspirations for 2013? I already did a blog post on this. See here.
Eleven facts about myself (in no particular order):
- I play fantasy football each year and am the league champion 3 years running.
- I am a CPA (which is not very fun). I would rather spend my days quilting, homesteading, and playing with the grandbabies.
- I lived in Germany for two years (many years ago), which was a great experience.
- I love seafood.
- I drive a convertible.
- My favorite Disney movie is Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- I am a Hurricanes hockey fan
- I wish they would bring back the Ren & Stimpy cartoon
- Gardenias are my favorite smell-good flowers, and Daisies are my favorite happy flower
- My all-time favorite movie is The Notebook.
- I would love to visit Italy.
Here are my questions for you:
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- Name one person you admire and why.
- What was some good advice that you did not follow?
- What is your happiest memory from childhood?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Name something you never thought you would or could do, that you’ve done since.
- Pessimist or Optimist?
- If you had the opportunity to go back in time, where would you go?
- Which 3 people from anytime in history would you like to share a meal with?
- Where on earth would you like to visit?
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
And, I think that’s it. Thanks a bunch!!