I’m going to try this again. I tried it last summer.. I tried several years ago… I set goals and then I get side-tracked. But I still have so, so many UFOs, so I’m going to join the first quarter finish-a-long hosted by Clover & Violet among others.
The purpose of the Finish-A-Long (FAL) is to make a list of projects that have already been started but not finished and thus are hanging about in your sewing room as UFOs. And then to finish those UFOs during the quarter and either blog about it or post to Flickr or Instagram. All eligible entries will be entered to win wonderful prizes which is really all the incentive I need to try to get some of these things finished.
So, here goes…
- Start and finish quilt for TMQG Spoonflower Challenge (6 Fat-8ths to work with). I have the fabric, I will be using an original design, I just need to do it.
- Finish small lone star wall hanging. The star is pieced. Need to finish piecing the quilt top and then quilt and bind it.
- Finish quilt for Quilts of Valor (very old UFO -2003). The top is done. Just needs to be quilted and bound.
- Finish improv quilt. About 1/3 – 1/2 done with top.
- Handquilting this panel for guild charity
- Another quilt for guild charity. They provide the fabric, batting, and pattern. I provide the labor.
- Cowboy quilt — fabric shown and will be using an original pattern. This one is going to be super cute even though it has brown (I very much dislike brown in quilts, but it fits here).
- Last but not least, make a prairie bonnet for my mom. She has requested one. This is the fabric I have picked out.
Many of these UFOs are not my style which is why they have sat for so long. I always find more interesting projects to do instead. But I really should just bite the bullet and finish them so I can stop thinking about them.
The improv quilt is my favorite and what I really would like to work on. But it’s also the most recent, so I’m still really excited about it and how it’s coming together. Maybe I’ll start with the oldest first and work my way to the more recent.
Wish me luck!
Linking up with Clover & Violet for Finish Along Goals Q1. #2016FAL