I have finished a second UFO on my list. Yippee! This is another charity baby quilt for our local quilt guild. They provide the fabric and batting. I provide the thread and labor.
It was simple to piece since it was just 6″ squares. But it was plain. It needed something that would soften it up a bit.
So I decided to take this opportunity to practice another FMQ design. This is a simple paisley. It was fairly easy and probably the first time I could honestly say I enjoyed FMQ on my home machine. What I found difficult was trying to get myself out of tight spaces and filling in spaces that were too small for a paisley. I tried several things… some worked, some didn’t. But that is how it goes when you’re trying something new and practicing. This was a good square. It’s so pretty!
As much as I like this design, it is very thread heavy. It took 2-1/2 spools of thread to quilt this 36″ x 42″ baby quilt. So, although I really like this design, it might work best featured in a smaller area rather than as an overall design.
One more UFO down… many more to go.